Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tips for Your New Interactive Display

Spotlight: Melissa Richards at Heritage Middle School


The new interactive displays currently being installed in GCISD are transforming classrooms. Melissa Richards, an AVID teacher at HMS, and her students are learning new ways to use this tool everyday.

"I love how easily I can use the interactive display to help run my class. With only 47 minutes in a class period, every minute counts. I don't have to constantly run back to my desk, so I'm saving time during transitions."

She also finds ways for her students to use the display as well.

"Sometimes if I have a student who is off-task or distracted, I like to give them a job. I'll say something like: 'Hey! Can you go set up the timer on the big screen for me?'" 

Her students lead tutorials twice per week and one group of students use the interactive display in their tutorial session.

"It's great because if students are working to annotate a text or graph an equation, the student can pull up the text or digital graph paper for the whole group to easily see."

Melissa's favorite digital tools to use with the interactive display are: Classroomscreen.com, Class Dojo, and Gynzy Kids.

For the most up to date information on how to use your Newline Interactive Display, check out the GCISD Instructional Technology website and click on Interactive Display. You can now easily access this site from Classlink.

No comments:

Post a Comment