Monday, April 8, 2019

Padlet: A Change of Heart

I’ve got to be honest, anytime someone used to mention Padlet I would roll my eyes. It has been around for such a long time, and I had seen it used so many times before that I really had gotten tired of hearing about it. All it does is act like digital post-it notes, right?

Wrong. I’ve recently changed my tune on Padlet because it is so much more robust and useful than in years past.


You can now organize information in seven distinct ways. My current favorites to use are Canvas, Shelf, and Backchannel.
  • Canvas allows for a lot of flexibility. Ideas can be spread out, grouped, and connected in a very free flowing way. 
  • Shelf provides columns where you or students are forced to categorize information by certain topics. 
  • Backchannel is great because it acts like a chat conversation. It's great to use during a Socratic Seminar so that participants in the outside circle can share their ideas with the whole group in the chat.
  • Stream is great to display content like an ePortfolio or blog. It feels similar to Instagram. Some people have even used it to make an easy to navigate video playlist.
Padlet is a great, flexible way to collaborate or share information. Here are some examples:

Padlet Templates

Padlet also offers templates like a Q&A, KWL Chart, Video Playlist, Storyboard, or an organizational chart. Like I said, Padlet has come a long way since the early days and the classroom uses are plenty.

Create a free account and check out all the features at padlet.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment